Thursday, 6 August 2009

Using Beyond Compare with Visual Studio

This info is in other places on the internet but I’m putting it here for my future reference:

Under Tools|Options|Source Control|Visual Studio Team Foundation Server

Select Configure User Tools

ConfigBC3

Then add the following tools:

Compare:

   Tool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe

   Arguments: %1 %2 /title1=%6 /title2=%7 /solo

Merge:

   Tool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe

   Arguments: %1 %2 %3 %4 /title1=%6 /title2=%7 /title3=%8 /title4=%9 /solo

3 comments:

Mike Hadlow said...

I have the exact same thing set up. Beyond Compare is such a great diff tool, that I can't use anything else now :)

preet sangha said...

I still cannot believe people use windiff when this available at dirt cheap prices. I've had mine since 1999 and it probably the software I'll be using when I grow cold :-)

preet sangha said...

Actually it will be the for loop in batch script